Edison Giocattoli was established back in 1958, thanks to a brilliant intuition of its founder, Mr. Giampiero Ferri, who understood that the toy market had room for a major opportunity. This is how the first toy gun and rifle moulds were made, each with its own kind of ammunition (or sound caps). The names Susanna, Jaguarmatic, Montecarlo, Superbum, Supermatic are just a few of Edison's big successes. This Italian company soon became the international leader in its market, exactly when Western films were at their peak. Edison Giocattoli became a synonym not only of quality, but also and above all of safety. Well aware that they were working in the field of weapons, even if they were toy weapons, the company has always worked (and still works today) paying the greatest attention to various regulations in force, in order to provide its young users with toys which are as realistic as they are harmless.


Today Edison Giocattoli still produces its toys in Italy. The early death of its founder has deprived Edison of its leading figure, but the family has kept an unchanged passion and love for the business. Although the toy gun and ammunition market no longer enjoys its status of the past, the Company has kept its own identity and a ranking, which allows us to see it as World Leader in this market.

After its move to the brand new offices in Barberino di Mugello (in the Florence area), Edison now hosts its production, marketing, administration and logistics all in one large complex. Applying scale economy and focused marketing, product and price policies, the Company dominates the Domestic Market and is present in all the most important Foreign Markets. At every important international exhibition (Nuremberg, Hong Kong, New York, Moscow to mention just a few), Edison proudly displays its "Made in Italy" products.


At present, 80% of sales are abroad, while the remaining 20% are in Italy. Many new ideas for the coming years are being studied at Edison.